Sticker AFC Football Club Cornwall
Sticker AFC Football Club Cornwall

Sticker Reserves 3 St Dominick 2

Sticker Reserves playing in this rearranged game directly after seeing the first team suffer their first defeat in the league of this season. Were able to bolster their squad by two first team squad members whose goals helped to secure another victory for Roy Boardman and Rogers Green's Young squad.


With the stiff breeze behind them the home side made the early running but it was a somewhat flukey goal which put them into the lead in the seventh minute. A free kick was given near to the touch line and centre line. Brandon Pomery stepped up and sent a long and high ball towards goal which just sailed over the goalkeeper and into the net. This was Brandons Pomerys first goal for Sticker. The visitors rarely got near the home goal but on twenty four minutes, from a corner an unmarked Josh Searle headed home the equaliser. Half time 1-1. The visitors were in front five minutes after the restart when from another cross Searle expertly headed home his and St. Dominicks second. Sticker needed to up their game especially in front of goal and brought on all three substitutes to add some bite. It worked with Matt Searle providing the cross for Ben Rosevear to knock home. Within a minute Sticker were ahead. A corner was headed down by Adam Cleaves to Joel Cockings for the latter to smash home number three and what proved to be the winning goal.F/T. 3-2

Team: T.Rowe, A.Koppelow, A.Cleaves, I.Grigg, B.Pomeroy, M.Searle, C.Paine, L.Clapham, Z.Smith-Brokenshire, J.Boardman, S.Fogarty. Subs.All used: B.Rosevear, J.Cockings, C.Kilbey.

Sticker Reserves 8 Gunnislake 0

Sticker Kicked off this Duchy1 league match hoping to avenge the defeat they suffered earlier in the season and they certainly did this and although they had plenty of the attacking play in the first ten minutes or so Gunnislake looked dangerous in the counter-attacking dept. But once Sticker took the lead they looked the more dangerous of the two teams. The first goal came in  the 14 the minute, A slick move down the right side saw Callum Kenny back heel a sneaky pass to Connor Paine who once at the bye-line saw him drive a cross to-wards the back post wher Zac Smith-Brokenshire was steaming in to smash the ball home! Great goal well worked. 1-0. The second goal came two minutes later when Callum Kenny shrugged off the defender and smashed in a left foot shot with power. 2-0. Callum was looking very strong on the ball and got goal no.3 and his second when  again on the right of the goal unleashed a fantastic thunderbolt of a shot that hit the underside of the crossbar leaving the keeper helpless. 3-0. Callum then went off with a slight knock to be replaced by another first team squad member Joel Cockings and he made the game really safe just before half time when a superb through ball to Jack Williams who homed in on goal and crossed the ball and shots were fired in and the keeper fumbled and Joel was there to poke the ball home. H/T. 4-0.

    The second half started and Gunnislake who looked a beaten team before half time were at least now trying to play some decent football but such was Sticker's dominance in winning the ball back all over the park it wasn't long before they increased their lead. Callum Kenny came back on and got  his hat trick and it was another show of strength when he was being hustled and pulled all over the shop but he just shrugged them aside and fired in goal no.5. Further goals wre added by Matt Searle, Lewis Clapham and Joel Cockings to complete the rout witha final score of 8-0. Although the Reserves had the benefit of the senior squad players including Jack Walker starting a full game after a long lay-off they played with great determination and none more so than Brandon Pomeroy who had a realy fine game always willing to push forward and just as kean to get back and defend. Overall a well desrved performance.

Team: T.Rowe, J.Williams, A.Cleaves, I.Grigg, B.Pomeroy, M.Searle, J.Walker, C.Paine, J.Boardman, Z.Smith-Brokenshire, C.Kenny. Subs: J.Cockings, C.Kilbey, L.Clapham all used.

St Dominick 0 Sticker Reserves 1

Sticker Reserves on the road again and managed to overcome some tough tackling and score the only goal of the game from their midfield maestro Matt Searle.F/T. 0-1.

Team: T.Rowe, B.Pomeroy, A.Cleaves, I.Grigg, J.Williams, M.Searle, C.Paine, Z.Smith-Brokenshire, L.Clapham, J.Boardman, H.Haan.: Subs.A.Koppelow, S.Fogarty.

St Columb Major 1 Sticker Res. 3

Sticker were ahead after six minutes when a neat ball was threaded through to Jack Boardman whose shot went in off a post.  The visitors continued to have more of the play especially when going forward but with a number of missed chances the half looked as if it would end with a single score.  However with just a couple of minutes left Matt Searle sent a neat ball forward to find Zach Smith-Brokenshire who deftly rounded the keeper for number two. The second half continued in a similar pattern with Sticker again having little luck in front of goal. On fifty minutes St. Columb pulled a goal back when ...................picked a ball up inside his own half, went on a long run beating a number of players before hitting the target. The visitors persistence finally paid off on sixty five when Connor Paine lobbed the goalkeeper for number three which secured a points maximum.  

Team: T.Rowe. G.Smith, A.Cleaves, I Grigg, J.Williams, M.Searle, C.Paine, Z.Smith-Brokenshire, J.Boardman, H.Hann, B.Smith. Subs: S.Fogarty, B.Pomeroy, A.Koppelow, L.Clapham.


Veryan 2 Sticker Reserves 2


A sodden pitch and a gale force wind made for difficult ball control but both teams gave it all they had in an entertaining game. Sticker were keen to improve on the previous weeks poor performance and more than matched the home side in the opening period and indeed created a number of chances . However on twenty minutes a clumsy challenge in the box led to Martin O’Callaghan opening  Veryans account from the penalty spot. The visitors still created chances but a combination of poor finishing and bad luck kept the home side in front. On forty minutes another clear cut foul in the box allowed O’Callaghan to double his and the Veryan score. Half time 2-0. Sticker again pushed forward on the changeover and Matt Searle was unlucky to only hit the post. But the visitors luck did change and they pulled a goal back from a cross which Adam Cleaves headed home. Veryan now came under heavy pressure but it was another fifteen minutes before Sticker drew level with a pull back and slotted home goal from Harvey Hann, his first for the club. The visitors had a great opportunity to bag all three points but Connor Paines penalty kick was aimed straight at Andrew Wheildon in the home goal and rebounded over for a corner. The final fifteen minutes were played out with no further scoring to give both sides a share of the spoils.  

Team: T.rowe, A.Koppelow, A.Cleaves, Z.Vaughn, Z.Smith-Brokenshire, C.Paine, H.Haan, J.Dingle, M.Searle, C.Kilbey. Subs: All used: B.Smith, L.Clapham, G.Smith, J.Williams.


Sticker Reserves 2 Grampound 3

Sticker  lose at home to local rivals Grampound 2-3 and will rue the chances they missed throughout the game as they could have gone in at the break winning by a clear margin instead they were level 1-1. The second half found Grampound under extreme pressure but relied on breakaways which they used to good effect. Their tall clever centre forward who had earlier given them the lead with a clever lob was a constant threat. On one of these breakaways Grampound took the lead and then Matt Searle equalised as he did in the first half only for Grampound to snatch the winner with a most contentious goal. Although the scorer was not offside there were three players prior to him scoring and the Sticker linesman bought this to the referees attention and after a legnthy discussion overruled him and awarded a goal. F/T. 2-3

Team: T.Rowe, A.Koppelow, A.Cleaves, B.Pomeroy, Z.Vaughn, Z.Smith-Brokenshire, C.Paine, H.Haan, M.Searle, J.Boardman, J.Dingle. Subs: S.Fogarty, B.Smith, J.Williams, L.Clapham.

AFC Bodmin 0 Sticker Reserves 1

There were plenty of divots on a rough Dragon Centre pitch to make life difficult for any free flowing football. Both sides cancelled each other out in the first half although Matt Searle missed a gilt edged chance for the visitors. On thirty minutes Searle was tripped in the penalty area only for Connor Paine to have his spot kick saved by the goalkeeper. On the changeover the visitors upped their game and exerted much greater pressure on the home defence. Sticker created chances but no one seemed capable of hitting the back of the net. Chris Kilbey did have one shot which bounced off the crossbar and with time running down it looked as if there would be a stalemate. On eighty three minutes a free kick from Paine on the edge of the box evaded everyone to nestle in the back of the net for the only goal of the game and send Sticker home with all three points. F/T.0-1

Team: T.Rowe, A.Koppellow, A.Cleaves, B.Pomeroy, Z.Vaughn, M.Searle, C.Paine, H.Haan, Z.Smith Brokenshire, J.Dingle, L.Clapham. Subs: All used: C.Kilbey, B.Smith, S.Fogarty.

Sticker Reserves 0 Godolphin Reserves 1

Stiicker started this quarter final Junior Cup game on the back foot against a very experienced well drilled side and it took them a while to get into the game but always found themselves second best in most of the tackles. With just lone striker Jack Boardman up front whenever a ball came anyway near him he had three defenders to contend with. However Godolphin were supplying constant pressure and were playing some decent football if at times somewhat robust and took the lead directly from a corner when the wind seem to give the ball a hand and Tom Rowe was unable to push the ball over the bar. 0-1. Tom had previously made a wonderful one handed save to deny godolphin. Sticker were gradually coming more into the game with plenty of grit and determination and a fantastic effort from Matt Searle which would have qualified for goal of the century had it found the back of the net alas it went wide of the goal. It started when at last Jowan Dingle had managed to find some space on the right sent in a good cross for Jack Boardman who had a shot blocked and as the ball spun up Matt twisted and launched himself into the air and scissor kicked the ball but as I said it went wide. H/T. 0-1.

  The second half started and Godolphin tried to get further ahead but gradually Sticker took control and had a large percentage of the play but just could not prize open the stubborn Godolphin defence who were playing very deep much to their bench's displeasure and not half as effective attacking wise. Sticker made substitutions, some because they had to with two players injured due to a couple of unsavoury incidents, late tackles which the referee failed to take any action. This left a horrible taste in the mouth as Godolphin didn't need to play like this as they had enough skill in the side. As the game wore you felt it wasn't to be Sticker's day and in the last couple of minutes Matt Searle almost became the super hero of the day as he was put through on the left side and sent in a stunning shot which went just past the wrong side of the post. F/T.0-1.

Team: T.Rowe. A.Koppelow, I.Griggs, A.Cleaves, Z.Vaughn, Z.Smith-Brokenshire, H.Haan, M.Searle, C.Paine, J.Dingle, J.Boardman.Subs used: N.Batt, G.Smith, L.Clapham, S.Fogarty.

Altarnun 1 Sticker Reserves 9

Sticker Reserves travelled to bottom of the league club Altarnun who they eventually beat convincingly in their last league game before Xmas and this win was even more emphatic as they ran out 1-9 winners with goals coming from Matt Searle (3), Zac Smith-Brokenshire (2), Adam Cleaves, Sam Fogarty, Jack Boardman and Connor Paine.

  Next week they entertain Godolphin Reserves in the quarter final of the Junior cup K.O.2.00pm.

Team: T.Rowe, A.Koppelow, A.Cleaves, Z.Vaughn, I.Grigg, Z.Smith-Brokenshire, M.Searle, H.Haan, J.Dingle, J.Boardman, S.Fogarty. Subs.All used: N.Batt, L.Clapham, B.Smith, B.Pomeroy, C.Paine.

Sticker Reserves 3 Mabe 1

Sticker started this 4th round Junior cup tie against Mabe who play in the 2nd Division of the Trelawney league who are flying high and had only had one defeat so far this season and put pressure on Sticker from the start but could not find a way through the resolute defence with keeper Tom Rowe completely bossing his area and anticipating exceedingly well. After a slow start though Sticker started to control the game and creating a few chances wheras all Mabe had to offer was the long ball out to their speedy right winger and their robust centre forward and whilst they did cause Sticker some problems could not get past Tom in goal. H/T. 0-0.

  The second half started and within two minutes Sticker had conceded a goal. After a defensive mix up and with Tom racing out of his goal the ball fell to a Mabe striker who sidefooted the ball into the corner of the goal to take an undeserved lead. 0-1. Sticker didn't let their heads drop and continued to press Mabe deep into their own half with most of the play in midfield and on the left side with Brandon Pomeroy and Zac Smith-Brokenshire linking up well to-gether. With Matt Searle deployed further upfield in this match it seemed he was having to come searching for the ball instead of getting it in midfield and driving forward  which is his normal game.With his usual midfield partner Connor Paine having plenty of the ball and also Harvey Haan pressing forward surely Sticker could score but only a couple of speculative shots which went over the bar was all they had to show for it that is until at last the best move of the match saw Adam Cleaves drive forward and it looked like he was going to have a shot to test the Mabe keeper but no he struck a sweet pass out to Jowan Dingle who at last sent over a perfect cross to-wards the back post and there was Connor Paine steaming in to slide the ball home. 1-1. Game on!  Sticker seemed to turn off for a few minutes as for the first time in this second half Mabe were in the Sticker half in numbers and looked determined to get a winner but Sticker held firm and finally got their reward when Bailiey Smith struggled to keep the ball on the edge of the Mabe penalty and finally got the ball to Connor who got into the area and was blatantly tripped for an easy penalty decision for Referee Paul Buscombe. Up stepped Jack Boardman who cooly fired Sticker into the lead. 2-1. Finally after chasing down a ball Jack himself drove into the box and was hauled down for another easy penalty decision which after a hold up due to an injury to Brandon Pomeroy Jack again cooly slotted home to easily beat the keeper. 3-1. With only a few minutes left on the clock Sticker saw out the game and held on for a deserved win which seems them into the quarter finals of the Junior Cup! Well done lads! You stuck to your game plan and football was the winner.

Team: T.Rowe, A.Koppelow, A.Cleaves, Z.Vaughn, B.Pomeroy, Z.Smith-Brokenshire, C.Paine, H.Haan, J.Dingle, M.Searle, J.Boardman. Subs: B.Smith, N.Batt, L.Clapham.